A major client approached Safeway with a unique request:
– Arrange a crane to load a modified 20’ display container from a lot onto a flatbed
– Transport container on an air-ride flatbed to a major metro distribution center
– Arrange a crane to offload the container from the flatbed
– Secure a generator to power up the container and open the display
– Inventory the contents and identify reconditioning issues
– Draft an SOP for total display management
– Replicate the setup and teardown for a pending U.S. concert tour
Each service requirement came with challenges that had to be overcome. That’s where the Safeway Logistics team working in unison makes it all happen transparently to the client. From arranging the cranes to navigate both grass and gravel lots, to managing the labor, to having the right power for the container to drafting the SOPs…we make it look easy with a single point of contact.
Safeway Logistics, a specialized transportation and logistics services provider headquartered in Indianapolis, IN, announced today that it has acquired UniGroup Logistics Specialty Flatbed, based in Fort Wayne, IN. Safeway has been managing specialized transportation and logistics for over 45 years. Through the years, Safeway has received numerous awards which include safety, hauling volume, sales, and logistics making this merger an ideal fit for both UniGroup and Safeway.
“Safeway has a long history of planning customized solutions, problem solving and managing specialized truckload and LTL transportation, as well as warehousing and reverse logistics,” said Ed Hart, president and CEO of The Safeway Companies. “We see this merger as a nice addition to our services portfolio. In some cases, this will fill a gap in service for some of our existing clients allowing us to provide a more comprehensive solution for the special products industry.”
Following our merger in January 2016, UniGroup Logistics Specialty Flatbed now operates as Safeway Logistics Specialty Flatbed the specialty flatbed business unit of Safeway.